9/17/2012

God's view


Monday September 24th, Jeremiah 11:  20 O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, you make righteous judgments, and you examine the deepest thoughts and secrets. Let me see your vengeance against them, for I have committed my cause to you. One of my son’s favorite bands a few years ago was “Rage against the machine”.  I grew up in an era when protest songs were sung by Dylan, Ochs and Peter Paul and Mary.  Needless to say I am not a fan of my son’s genre of music.  I prefer a gentler, more witty approach with more melody and less profanity.  At the same time I applaud their existence and wonder where the rest of the protest music has gone.  It is good to let God deal with the weightier matters of justice and revenge, but to say nothing is to support the very entity of which you, and the rest of the body of Christ, are a victim.  Seeking vengeance always draws us into being perpetrators of evil, being silent victims always allows the perpetrators of evil to seek new victims.  And these victims, as well as the perpetrators of evil my friends, are your brothers and sisters in Christ.  As part of the body of Christ we are called to work for justice in this world.  As the children of God we try to take God’s view of justice for this world which sees all of creation and calls it good.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me