4/23/2012

Poem for John 10


The small child
ran gently
into the arms of her mother
and felt the comfort
--the warmth
the love that is in those arms
the love
--that cared that night
--when dreaming seemed
----so real
--the caring that went on
----into the night
in the love that was felt
and reads
--not one
but two, three, four, five, six
books
when the night is already late
and the milk tipped over
----somehow
----at supper
these arms that offer security
--suspended there
in a crowed of strangers
all too busy
--in their own worlds
to notice or care about one so small
these arms of security
I can hang onto
And see these worlds
----and yet know
I am safe in my world
--(the good shepherd lays down his life)
within these arms
I know this
and I can sleep now
in peace
--(for His sheep)
because I know
these arms will be there
tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me