2/13/2012

Poem for Ash Wednesday, Matthew 6:1-16

Is my hair straight?
How about this tie
     does it match
the rest of the image
    (help me)
I wish to present?
            an image
I sometimes make a show
for the world
                so busy making shows
yet
        I long for something more
        (Lord)
        I long to uncork
              that stream
        of passion
              within me
that passion
       that draws me toward the light
              and illumines
                    my innermost
                          Yes I dare let go
                                 self
        (to place)
protected now
by the walls of expectation
built on the unfulfilled dreamings
of what should be.

But there are those times
when
      for some reason
              beyond me
I live in a world filled with people
              alone
         (my trust)
and in those brief glorious moments
I become
          whole
          (in)
and cry
      for no reason
      seeing no eyes upon me
      and I Thank You
      (You)
            Lord

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me