2/21/2011

thin on top

Friday March 4th, Matthew 6: 25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? I am getting a little thin on top. At almost 62, that is not surprising. I can worry about it, stay awake at night and the only thing I will gain is more space for less hair. On the other hand I can be thankful for all God has given me, the many gifts of love and friendship, a wonderful wife and children that go from liking me to at least hating me less than they used to. I can choose to worry or not. With God in my life, I choose to not worry, God is in charge and in this walk through life, when I fall, God picks me up, laughs at me, dusts off my knees and sets me back on the path. Were I to walk it alone, I would still be in the ditch and a bit more worried with a bit less hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me