1/31/2011

much more effective

Tuesday February 8th, 1 Corinthians 2: 1 And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power. It is not about me fixing things; it is about letting God into your life and letting God be the fixer in your life. Many in the family of faith (members of the Church) feel awkward about ministering to others. Often it is because they feel “they” need to be the ministers, the carrier of the words. What we are called to do as the children of God is to simply “be” there. You don’t have to say much, or even anything, you simply have to be there and let the spirit of God work through your presence, your touch, you hugs, and yes, your words. It is in weakness that you are most strong, because it is in your weakness that God is most strong. So go, minister, and let the Spirit of God flow through you without the insistence and interference of You shining through. It is not only easier, it is much more effective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me