2/22/2010

Psalm 27, opening litany

Pastor: The LORD is my light and the one who saves me, why should I live in fear? It is the LORD who protects my life; therefore I will not be afraid.

Congregation: Those who are evil may try to destroy my body, enemies and those who hate me attack me, but they are overwhelmed and defeated in their purpose. Even if an army surrounds me or a war breaks out, I will not be afraid, I will trust in the Lord.

Pastor: I ask only one thing from the Lord; let me live in the Lord's house all my life. Let me see the Lord's beauty and look with my own eyes at the Lord’s Temple.

Congregation: During times of danger the Lord will keep me safe and sheltered in the Holy Tent and on the high mountain of God high above those who would do me harm. I will therefore joyfully offer sacrifices and sing praises to the LORD.

Pastor: Lord, hear me when I call; have mercy and answer me. My heart calls from within and so I come before you, to worship you O Lord. I call upon your mercy O Lord to not turn away from me in anger but to stay near me and help me in my time of need O Lord.

Congregation: Even if my father and mother and friends are to leave me, I will not be alone, I know the LORD will be near me. LORD, teach me your ways, and guide me to do what is right in the midst of the enemies that surround me, and that dwell within me.

Pastor: I truly believe I will live to see the Lord's goodness.

Congregation: We will be strong and brave and wait for the LORD's help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me