6/30/2009

got control issues?

Tuesday July 7th, 2 Corinthians 12: My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. I have a weakness or two. One of the real strengths of a Christian is the ability to enjoy our weakness. Chocolate chip cookies, Coffee, Beer, all gifts from God in my mind, there are other, not so benign struggles also. When we finally let go and let God we find that it is in our weaknesses that we can finally let God shine through. It is our strengths that tend to give us the false hope that we really can do it all on our own. In the movie “Bruce Almighty” it is when Jim Carrie finally gave up on trying to run everything and just wished for the happiness of another that he began to live. Often times we find that the same is true for us. When our focus turns from our need to be in control, our need to eat from the tree in the garden, and simply let God be the God of our lives, that life comes into focus. Lift the burden of needing to feel in control today O Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me