4/07/2008

but I can do something about....

Tuesday April 15th, 1 Peter 2: 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. Suffering is not high on the list for most people. Today we have even developed the idea that those who suffer somehow deserve it. I pulled myself up by my bootstraps, with the help of community, why can’t “those people” pull themselves up by their bootstraps without the help of community? You might not hear it much in most praise music, but suffering to a degree is what we are called to do. There is plenty in this world for everyone’s needs, but not everyone’s greed. And greed is not relegated alone to the oil executives $400 million plus severance packages, you and I manage a bit of it on our own also. I may find those severance packages sinful and obscene beyond words, but I can do something about my own greed, and haven’t managed to get around to it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me