11/06/2007

Problems of peace

Monday November 12th, Haggai 2: 8 'The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD Almighty. 9 'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty." Here they are talking about the temple in Jerusalem. The temple is no longer there and neither is peace. Perhaps is the world pushed more for peace, the temple, as in the presence of God, would seem closer to home. How quickly we forget when money and power come into play. The glory of God’s presence will be greater than any temple ever built, past, present or future, but it comes at a price unwilling to be paid by most nations in the world, peace. War is the cowards way out for the problems of peace. “Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace.” ~Charles Sumner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me