9/24/2007

God gets powerlessness

Friday October 26th Luke 18: there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' 4 "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' Justice is God’s intention for humanity. Power gets in the way. The ones on top for the most part think they are being just. The ones on the bottom know inside and out every nuance of injustice perpetrated upon them. The Daily show recently poked fun at one such example. Our current administration prefers that a patient and a doctor have the freedom to work things out between them, not realizing that those without insurance probably don’t have a doctor and even most of us with insurance don’t have a doctor who has the time to sit, listen and work things out. The power people just don’t get powerlessness. God gets powerlessness. Christ came as a babe in a manger and died on the cross. God gets powerlessness and helps us turn that into the Kingdom of God for all through prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me