8/02/2007

You can trust God not to do it your way

Sunday August 12th, Genesis 15: 2 But Abram said, "O Sovereign LORD, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?" 3 And Abram said, "You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir." We tend to think in such a linier fashion. Not our fault really I suppose, we are rather bound by this time thing. Abe received the promise, his concern was how he would pull it off, God’s concern was to get Abe to trust him that no matter how it worked out, if God was in control, it would be good. We do the same, I often tell others to pray, trust God and then go ahead and get to work, trusting that God can work through them and what they are doing. It is hard not to worry at these times, but worry is our way of, at least in part, being in control, or wishing we were. So I should be saying, Pray and trust God, get to work, don’t worry. Or as the angels say, “fear not.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me