9/20/2006

Hallmarks of administration

Saturday September 30th, Mark 9: 36 He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, 37 "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." We tend to look at this and say, “how cute.” Everyone loves little children. The child Jesus took in his arms was most likely not some cute little kid all decked out in new school cloths. In Jesus’ day, children had no status, and the ones freely roaming the street were on the bottom of that pile. The disciples were arguing about who would be the new Prime Minister in the Jesus administration. Jesus’ answer to them and to us, is call to care for the least, the lost and the lonely. Service, not power is the hallmark of this administration. Is there a lesson here for us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me