4/26/2006

Peace be with you where you are at

Thursday May 4th, Luke 24: 36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you." 37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself. The truth is that Jesus comes to where we are in our lives, even if that is in hiding. When Jesus comes, he brings peace, shalom. When Jesus came to the disciples they were afraid. Last week we heard the story in John, this week in Luke, and they agree on the fear part. Jesus comes to where we are to calm the fear. No matter what is going on in life, the one thing we can be assured of is that we are never alone. The God of love is always by our side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me