7/06/2005

Free will, the freedom to love or not

Friday July 15th, John 14: From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I'll do it. That's how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. Our prayers are not always answered. Children get sick, cancer exists and too often persists, I don’t always win the lottery and sometimes my children misbehave. When my children talk to me they don’t always get what they want, sometimes that is because they ask for stupid things, sometimes it’s beyond my control. It’s hard to think that there are things that are beyond God’s control, but the gift of free will necessitates that. Without free will we would not be able to love or feel love. Without free will we would just be instinctual animals going about our preprogrammed existence. Let us create humanity in our image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them. The image of God in which we are created is that ability to love, to care, to create, to nurture, all good things, but for them to exist their opposites must also exist. What God promises is his loving presence no matter where life carries us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me